Raise your spirits this Halloween
Create your Spooky Sanitiser
Get creative just like Victor Frankenstein, by making your own monstrous Halloween sanitizer station! It’s so simple and takes very little time at all. Just follow our step by step guide below:
- Choose your colour, any colours will work, especially orange and green for Halloween colour schemes. For our examples, we’ve chosen green, blue and a clear gel to customise.
- Either use empty containers to fill with soap or sanitiser or purchase already filled containers from the shops. Before you start, make sure to the remove labels or covering wraps. For stubborn labels, you can always use rubbing alcohol removed any of that nasty sticky residue.
- Open up the containers and place your items inside – we’ve used Bristol Novelty’s creepy small spiders, glow in the dark eyeballs, zombie fingers and earthworms! Have a wooden skewer to hand in order to position the little plastic critters in the gel, you can also use the nozzle pump. Usually, most items will gradually settle depending on their weight, however, you can always turn the container upside-down or a good shake again to give them a helping hand.
- Position your Halloween sanitiser dispenser at each sink in your house, the front porch or the garden to be used by any trick or treaters. Alternatively, why not give one to a neighbour, family/friends or bring one to your child’s classroom.
This really does make for a fun and easy Halloween activity with the children as well as providing a very simple Halloween decoration, even for those who don’t want to go overboard with decorations this year.
Terrorific Pumpkin Trail
Halloween Pumpkin Trails will offer a safe alternative to Trick-or-Treating this year.
Over the past few months we have seen how incredible our community spirit is and that’s why we are fully behind the fantastic idea of creating a neighbourhood Pumpkin Trail. Get involved, get creative and get as many homes participating on your street as possible. Download one of our templates or draw your own from scratch to be proudly displayed in your front window.
To raise awareness post on local social groups and create your own flyers. The aim is to get as many kids and grown-ups working together on their displays by sharing picturesque Pumpkins in windows for others to spot as they pass by.
Why not spice it up with a bit of friendly competition by creating household teams (Ghoul Squads) and post on Facebook or Instagram how many Pumpkins your street proudly displayed.
We are also keen to see your efforts, share your Pumpkin Trail favourites or your own designs on our Instagram and Facebook feeds and we will be picking our favourites to win some special Rubie’s Halloween prizes.
Haunted Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Why should a hunt for treats be kept just for Easter? Set up a spooky scavenger hunt around the house to keep your little ghouls busy and ensuring they still get some sweet treats without the tricking. Keep it fun in full costume to really bring the Fright Fest experience to your home.
The Bone-aphide Bingo Bonanza
Get families and friends together by hosting your own online virtual Halloween Bingo game!
Whether it’s for a Halloween class party or just for a fun activity at home, our free printable Halloween Bingo boards will provide a fa-boo-lous way to have fun indoors with the kids.
Bingo is also a really good way to introduce children to the concept of playing games due to its simple rules. It can be used to support the development of listening skills, self-regulation and visual discrimination – it’s both educational and enjoyable!
How to Play
- Download and print your Bingo Cards, we recommend 1x card per player and a few to be cut out for the Bingo Caller
- Select a Bingo Caller (who should be dressed in full costume at all times)
- Give each player a Halloween Bingo card
- The Bingo Caller needs a bowl or top hat of all the matching images, these are to be drawn out randomly when the game begins
- Next, place a bowl of either blank tokens or sweets to be used as bingo chips
- Listen to the bingo caller, then search for an image on your bingo mat and cover with a sweet or token if the image is found
- Finally, let the fun begin and make sure there is a big shout or scream of “BINGO!” by the winner!
Share It On Social #RaiseYourSpirits